Please, make sure you have registered for the challenge.
Construct structured knowledge for a portal that will access information about
research. This knowledge includes information about
For starters, capture information about
- Research topics
- Conferences, workshops, seminars, talks
- Researchers and research groups
- Roles of researchers (in research groups, on Program and Organization committees,
- Publications (in these conferences, as well as journals, books, etc.)
- Relevant web page URLs (e.g. for papers, conferences, demos, topics)
- your own research topics
- your own research group (organization, address, key personnel, such as head
of group and active researchers, and their roles, any software tools associated
with the group and their types, etc.)
- your own publications in the past year or two (with links to them, as well
as keywords – ideally, from the controlled hierarchy that others use as well
– or topics, etc.)
- Conferences, workshops, and other events you were involved in.
Sample questions the knowledge base should be able to inform:
Use these questions as a guidance, but feel free to expand the knowledge base
in any direction. Note that not all the tools will capture all types of information
- Give me links to recent publications on topic T from researchers in group
- Give a list of all conferences and workshops related to topic T that took
place during the past N years, and their locations.
- Who published in conference C from organization O in year Y, and what roles
do they have within their organizations
Each participant of the evaluation can use one or more of the tools to add their
data. We encourage participants to use more than one tool to be able to compare
All users of the same tool will have access to the same knowledge base, share
the information and develop the knowledge collaboratively.
We encourage participants to edit / change / discuss what others have created.
At the start of the evaluation, the tools will contain some initial data (the
same for all tools). Feel free to change it, or discuss it.
- User name: Please use the same user name for all the tools so that we can
aggregate the information to determine the most active participant. The name
does not have to be your real name. The following are the requirements for
a user name that will work for all the tools: add requirements
- Time frame: The evaluation will run from April 16 through April 30